It’s been rumored since Lemonade dropped last April that Jay-Z was working on an album in response. Today, we found out that’s true. Not only did he directly address many of Bey’s apparent cheating accusations, but he also apologized (presumably for said cheating) quite a few times. This means Becky with the good hair is baaaaaaack.
Below, all the lyrics from 4:44 that do either or both:
- “Family Feud”: “Yeah, I’ll fuck up a good thing if you let me / Let me alone Becky.”
- “Kill Jay-Z”: “You egged Solange on / Knowin’ all along, all you had to say you was wrong.”
- “Kill Jay-Z”: “You almost went Eric Benét / Let the baddest girl in the world get away.”
- “4:44”: “I suck at love, I think I need a do-over / I will be emotionally available if I invited you over / I stew over what if you over my shit?”
- “4:44”: “And if my children knew, I don’t even know what I would do / If they ain’t look at me the same / I would prolly die with all the shame.”
- “4:44”: “And all this ratchet shit and we more expansive not / Meant to cry and die alone in these mansions / Or sleep with our back turned.”
- “4:44”: “We talked for hours when you were on tour / Please pick up the phone, pick up the phone.”
- “4:44”: “Said ‘don’t embarrass me’ instead of ‘be mine’/That was my proposal for us to go steady/That was your 21st birthday.”
- “4:44”: “I apologize, often womanize/Took for my child to be born to see through a woman’s eyes.”
Listen to 4:44 here.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below